09 April, 2007

The Sinking Ship

...better known as The Pirate Queen. I'll admit it- I'll never see it. I'm not a person who has any right to judge it.
HAHAHAHA BUT HAS THAT EVER STOPPED ME FROM JUDGING THINGS BEFORE? NO HAHAHA.
Anyway, I was browsing the opening night photos, and I ran across something that made me lol with delight.

I'm... let's say I'm 99% fairly certain that Stephanie J. Block got caught humping a wall. I don't know what kind of kinky things Broadway stars are into (though, according to many a fanfic there's a couple of Juilliard grads who are straight up wild), but that's kind of crazy for my tastes. Alas, at least the Queen, herself, (or "Mama," as she says) loves the show.
No one else did. Well, a few people did. But in my world, not a goddamn soul loved it. Not even Joan Allen.

I'm pretty sure that's a look of great indifference on her part. It's "Why am I here and who is this man on my arm?" I like to pretend that after the show, she was just as speechless and acted just the same way her character, Terry, did in The Upside Of Anger after catching her daughter in bed with a total sleeze.
Because honestly, seeing The Pirate Queen is probably a lot like that.

1 comment:

Cara Marie said...

your mom's a pirate queen.